example sql query using groovy

mlybarger
i'd like to see an example sql query using groovy. does anyone have an example how to use my citrus datasource to just run some queries.

the citrus <sql> has some limitations that i'd like to work around.  specifically the insert statements do not support subselects.  this forces me to select foreign keys ahead of time into variables and use those. it's not clean.  it also doesn't seem to let me use select returning to return the inserted record id, i have to then fetch the id.  using groovy might let me get around this.